The past few months have seen a great deal of development and dialogue on continuing to build the DigitalNote product that will realise our vision of “becoming the blockchain of choice,” serving a broad range of business use cases. Today we are happy to announce the news of a significant development that will fast track DigitalNote in realizing this vision. At the end of this update, we’re sure you will feel as excited about the future of our beloved blockchain as the team does.
There are two kinds of crypto projects in the ecosystem today — ones that are driven by the hype and others that focus on creating value. The former rarely focus on a long term vision and generally want to make a quick buck, and run away, trapping investors forever. The latter focus on developing the best in class products, believing that adoption will eventually drive growth and reward the businesses, investors and the community for their patience and support. As many of you know already, DigitalNote XDN has always subscribed to the latter category. We have always believed in spending time on building a solid platform and technology rather than creating hype. With the Covid-19 pandemic, most of the team have been busy helping others whilst developing DigitalNote for our community at the same time.
Most people define a DeFi project to be based on the popular ERC-20 token. Not many people are aware that DigitalNote has been a DeFi project right from the beginning (securing yield through staking & Master Nodes as its core structure) — However, we are never associated as a DeFi project because we do not have a base in the ERC-20 domain. With the recent work over the past several months on DigitalNote, it is time to call in our card and allow the community to associate XDN as a DeFi project and attract new investors and a wider audience.
Whilst only the truly decentralized and non-ICO-based blockchains, like ourselves, will stand the test of the time and will evolve as winners — the journey to get there isn’t often easy. In our progression, we’ve seen major improvements moving from the old XDN Cryptonote chain to the new Satoshi Bitcoin Core, with significant blockchain stability. Over past several months, we have achieved so many milestones — including creating a web wallet which will be wrapped into a “lite” Android and iOs mobile wallet, listing on well-reputed exchanges, and significant effort in educating our user base in the use of our products using our latest WIKI for DigitalNote.
So are you ready for the really exciting news?
To encompass the popular demands of the DeFi market, we give you DigitalNote 2XDN on the ERC-20 blockchain.
What’s in it for you as an XDN holder?
Users will have the opportunity of to mine a Superblock at block 300,000 to participate in the distribution of 2XDN to “Stakers and Masternode hodlers”. (NB Please see terms and conditions to participate. These will be released at a later date.)
Why are we doing this?
This is a pivotal phase of the greater DigitlNote XDN revolution and sets the foundation to execute subsequent phases of our vision.
- Make DigitalNote more interoperable in the crypto ecosystem: Ethereum is the most popular platform for interoperable tokens. By introducing 2XDN ERC-20 tokens, our blockchain wouldn’t operate in silos. As a result, the number of use cases we will be able to serve will increase dramatically.
- Better exposure and awareness for DigitalNote: the more we become visible in the crypto ecosystem, the more integration opportunities will emerge.
- More partners to work with: as a result, our footprint will increase.
- Faster execution of our roadmap: the speed of development will increase and we will achieve our goals quicker.
Significant Investor benefit.
- Wallet Flexibility: use your favorite wallet to store your 2XDN tokens
- Easy Swap: use Uniswap, and any other DEX that allows trading ERC20
- DApps: 2XDN can be used on most DApps supporting ERC-20 tokens
- Move XDN to 2XDN and vice versa: earn rewards on the XDN network (planned for the future)
- More exposure for your investment: there are over 100 million Ethereum wallet addresses out there giving access to a far larger community.
So when is it happening and how will this affect me as an Investor?
The current plan is to implement the Superblock to participating XDN holders at block 300,000. (approximately 50 days from now.)
Rest assured, a lot of activity will be seen between now and the Superblock. Here are a few of the things the team are going to focus on:
- Explore DeFi trading platforms (Uniswap, etc)
- Finalize the Superblock ratio. This will be announced in the coming weeks. All current XDN holders can participate in the event. Current and new community members running MasterNodes on the current XDN network will have an additional incentive to keep running their MasterNodes so that the XDN network is not destabilized in the process of the Superblock event.
- We will also conduct selected bounties to the public to help expand our Discord community and ecosystem.
- Update XDN roadmap on the website to reflect the latest vision and direction.
- Work on growing our partnerships with other projects and influencers in the crypto space who align with our product’s vision.
- Draft a detailed communication to the “hodlers” on how exactly the Superblock process will work — so that they are well prepared to make sure that any XDN holder takes advantage of this opportunity.
- Run campaigns to create awareness about the project and the roadmap.
- Bring more liquidity to the XDN ecosystem.
In addition, there are a few other exciting initiatives that are happening:
- DigitalNote Foundation: we’re working on formalizing the current structure of the core team into a foundation which will help enable donating funds for the project — which we will be able to use to expedite developing features.
- Weekly video meetings on roadmap progress: we’ve been working actively via discord & telegram. The team has weekly video conferences to plan and take stock of progress made against the plan. This has increased the level of energy of the team to benefit our community.
- Education on DigitalNode blockchain: we’re working on several initiatives to educate the crypto community on the features of DigitalNote and how it can help across many use cases. This will help us in getting more projects, developers, and investors interested in our product. To name a couple of initiatives, we have tied up with professionals for creating video content, and creating a wiki to cover all aspects of DigitalNote — one-stop for developers, investors, and businesses looking to leverage off DigitalNote XDN.
As a team, we all feel so proud to be part of this amazing product. We feel proud of what we have achieved over the past few months, and with aggressive plans in place, we feel we are on a journey to write history. We’re also very proud to have you as amazing members of our community. Let’s work together to realize our vision of “becoming the blockchain of choice” for a wide range of business. If you aren’t already part of the XDN family, get engaged today and “enjoy the journey” with us.
This is the beginning for Crypto, and more so for DigitalNote — the future is bright, stay focused, stay strong, stay together!
The information contained in this article is general in nature and does not take into account your personal situation. You should consider whether the information is appropriate to your needs, and where appropriate, seek professional advice from a financial adviser.